What does it mean to be environmentally conscious? Being environmentally conscious is more than just recycling your soda cans — it means being aware of how your activities contribute to (or detract from) the health of the planet. This can mean that, although you recycle your cans and bottles regularly, your carbon footprint might not be as small as you think because of your overall energy consumption.
Forest Founders was established to raise public awareness of how different behaviors impact the environment and potentially contribute to climate change. Here are a few informational resources that might help you understand how you can effectively improve your energy and resource consumption.
- Critical global resources are dwindling thanks to the devastating effects of the climate crisis. Not only is addressing the core causes of global warming essential to preserving our precious natural resources, but we must also better manage worldwide resource consumption and make access more equitable. The World Resources Institute offers strategies and resources designed to help regions more effectively address environmental crises that impact resource availability. https://www.wri.org/
- Is your workplace environmentally friendly? Transitioning to greener operations will not only help reduce total emissions output, but also make your organization more competitive and efficient, saving your business money in the long term. Eco-Conscious Brands offers people and organizations the information they need to make their operations socially and environmentally responsible. https://www.eco-consciousbrands.com/
- If you want to embrace a more environmentally conscious lifestyle, Biofriendly Planet is an informational resource designed to help people make better, greener choices. From knowing which brands and products have the smallest carbon footprints, to learning how to make your workspace greener and efficient, this blog offers a diverse assortment of articles and resources that can help you reduce your carbon footprint. https://biofriendlyplanet.com/
- It can be difficult to know which essential products are truly environmentally friendly. Is the packaging recycled or biodegradable? Were the manufacturing processes sustainable? Are the resources responsibly sourced and fairly traded? EarthHero offers an e-commerce site dedicated to providing environmentally friendly goods, from compostable bandages, to reusable mesh produce bags, to single-use, paraben-free shampoo bars and everything in between. https://earthhero.com/
- Travel is one of the world’s most environmentally challenging activities, but more and more companies are adopting technologies and practices that help people satisfy their globetrotting needs in sustainable, environmentally responsible ways. Green Global Travel is a fantastic resource for connecting people to eco-friendly tourism resources and services. https://greenglobaltravel.com/
- Green lifestyle changes can be challenging to implement and difficult to sustain. Conservation Institute is an online resource for people who are passionate about sharing information about environmental sustainability. This website offers articles and blogs on the most urgent environmental challenges we face, as well as tips on sustainable living. https://www.conservationinstitute.org/
- If you’re interested in adopting an environmentally sustainable lifestyle, Green Living Ideas is an excellent online resource that provides a diverse assortment of articles and blogs describing techniques that can be easily integrated into almost any lifestyle, regardless of budgetary limitations. Learn more about how you can become greener here: https://greenlivingideas.com/
- Being environmentally responsible is a bold and effective fashion statement, and EcoCult helps people connect to fashionable brands whose manufacturing and purchasing processes are eco-friendly. If you want to retain your fashion credibility while ensuring your habits and purchases contribute to environmental initiatives, this website offers fantastic guidance. https://ecocult.com/